The Big Mummy Blog Share : Team Stein Mummy

As part of The Big Mummy Blog Share this week I am featuring a fellow mummy blogger! Meet Charlotte Stein - Blogger at Team Stein aka Team Stein Mummy. She is a mummy blogger from York. Charlotte Stein

When did you start your blog?

February 2017

Why did you decide to start blogging?

In the latter stages of pregnancy and into the first months of constant newborn feeding Florence our fourth child, I discovered an online blogging/vlogging community that made me feel a sense of belonging. I found it to be the honest reality of parenthood and left me feeling that I’m not alone in motherhood. I was feeling at a crossroads in my life after having our children and also nearing a milestone Birthday, so I guess it came about through re-evaluating my life, craving a bit more of an identity and something for myself. I chose to dedicate some snatched moments of my time to produce some content, learn new skills and stretch my brain into writing, photography and much more. As corny as it sounds it really was and still is a journey of self discovery for me.

What has been your favourite blog to write?

My reflections of dealing with my third child as a toddler and how I dealt/reflected on other peoples reactions towards his behaviour at toddler groups. I had some amazing feedback from other mums on how it had made them feel not alone in their thoughts of their own toddlers and how they also felt when attending certain groups.

What has been your most successful blog?

My first post in a series of Summerborn blog posts. This particular post was discussing why we were choosing to defer Reception entry for our Summerborn son. It's a topic that always sparks an opinion and it was looked at a lot in the first few days of publishing.

What is your favourite thing about being a mum blogger?

The community. I have met and chatted to so many people I would never have come across if I hadn't have started my blog up. I have made friends and connected with many like minded people. The support we give each other has made being a blogger so much easier and I love the solidarity we all give each other. Teamstein Mummy

What is your least favourite thing about being a mum blogger?

Comparison/Imposter Syndrome The days where you let doubt slip in and you compare yourself to others online or don't believe in yourself. Fortunately these days are few and far between, but when they hit it’s hard to shift that feeling for a few days.

When do you get most of your blogging done?

At night when the kids are in bed or the weekend when my husband is home. It's great as you can fit it around home life, but I do crave a bit more nap time from Florence sometimes to play catch up some weeks!

What is your favourite mummy blog to read?

I have several that I enjoy catching up with; Northumberland Family Diaries, Bex Massey, N is for Neiva to name a few.

Any tips for anyone thinking about starting a blog

Go for it, you won't regret it, You will only regret not doing it sooner! Be patient, it takes time to grow your audience. There was several months it was just my Mum reading my posts, but eventually you will find your own tribe and it will spur you on before you know it. Also network with other bloggers as like I have said having each others support makes it less daunting. To read more from Charlotte visit her blog:https://teamsteinblog.com The Big Mummy Blog Share

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Our Relationship Changed When We Had Max

Being A Birthing Partner Written By My Mum

My Anxiety And Emotions After Having A Baby