Sharing My Wedding Planning Tips

So Planning a wedding is super stressful so I thought I would let you in to my 10 tips of planning a wedding that I figured out along the way:  


  1. If you see something you like get it.Even if your not sure what it could be used for it will come in handy at some point.I found old hospital curtains in a recycling shop I originally was going to make chair covers with them (what a stupid idea that was), I ended up using them for table cloths, perfect.
  2. Rope family members in for anything and everything. Best way to save money if they ask you what you want for your wedding and you don't actually need anything, ask to put money towards the wedding. Also get them to help with setting up and taking everything down if that's something you have to do.
  3. Village Halls if you are having trouble finding somewhere and are on a budget look into village halls. They are lovely have character and most of the time you can decorate how you want making your wedding more personal. 
  4. DIY, Most of my wedding decorations were homemade and I think that's lovely it makes all the effort you put into the wedding worth while when you see the end product. I was lucky that James auntie is great with that stuff again going back to number 2. I got my whole family involved and used all there strengths to my advantage.MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
  5. Afternoon Tea. If that is something you are going to have Tesco sandwiches are the one. Cheap and great. lots of different fillings veggie ,non veggie,wraps and just bread and you can get them delivered to the venue so not rushing around trying to pick them up. 
  6. Charity shops. Great place to find tea sets and other bits and pieces you may need. 
  7. Chair covers. I personally wouldn't bother everyone is going to cover them with their bottoms anyway so whats the point in paying all that money for you not to see them.
  8. Depending on your theme there are lots of thing that you can get for free that help you along the way. For name tags I used pinecones. I also collected loads of leafs,conkers and moss so that helped with the table decorations.
  9. Canva.Its a great website that you can use to create posters, table numbers,names for the table or your table plan and most of it is free.
  10. Its your wedding don't let anyone tell you what to do or what you should have. You decide and at the end of the day its going to be a great day regardless.Things went wrong at my wedding someone turned up when they weren't invited,the music broke and I didn't have any food.But it was the best day ever.  
                Here are a few of my wedding photos. 





       Next Weeks Blog Post Going Back To Work After Maternity Leave  ❤
      



  




 















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Our Relationship Changed When We Had Max

Being A Birthing Partner Written By My Mum

Pregnancy From 20 Weeks To 35 Weeks.